Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: The Galley

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member retiredteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    853
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    The Galley

    The Galley which is located in the former Stringer's location opened last week. I tried it out and I must give it a good rating. I ate the seafood platter and it is something that you would expect at the Beach. Food was very good. Service was a little slow, but they are working on it. I recommend it.

    Prices may keep a few people away. Seafood Platter was almost $20, but was worth it.
    You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."

  2. #2
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Galley

    it's not just a seafood place is it?
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member sportsdr33's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2004
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Galley

    No it is a steak and seafood resturant and they are pretty generous with the steak to
    LINEMEN ARE THE UNSUNG HEROES...

  4. #4
    Inactive Member retiredteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    853
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Galley

    They also serve burgers and fried mushrooms and other things as well.
    You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Galley

    It was packed Friday when I went by.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  6. #6
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Galley

    MY REVIEW:

    walk in and look at the menu. very short list but I decided on Corn Nuggets, NY Strip, & Salad

    Salad Bar is very small and very select. If you are wanting to build a great salad look else where.

    Corn nuggets were really good.

    Steak was fantastic. probably the 2nd best steak in Wise Co. behind Mosbys.

    go to check out and wow, very expensive.

    overall verdict -- good but not great overall. the price will keep me away. Keep in mind it was me, my wife and my child but the price was still very high for that site.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •